Are you hoping to work in the charity sector? Are you looking to develop your professional skills, boost your CV and make a real difference to the work that we do?
You can see our current internship placements by searching online using the words 'intern' or 'internship' in the key words box.
Our volunteer internships are available for 8–12 weeks, part-time. We have placements at our head office in London and across the country.
What could I be doing?
As an intern you could be developing a project, conducting some research or planning an event. Your contribution will make a real difference to our organisation.
We offer a wide range of volunteer internships in various departments including:
- Refugee services
- Youth and schools
- Health and social care
- Marketing and communications
- Humanitarian policy and partnerships.
How will I benefit from doing an internship with the British Red Cross?
- A thorough induction and supervision.
- A place at our annual internship welcome day at our head office in London.
- The opportunity to join our internal training and development courses.
- Access to our internal vacancy list.
- A certificate and reference on completion of your placement.
- All of our internships are voluntary, however we will pay for reasonable travel and lunch expenses.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you are a university student or graduate, have left school or are looking for voluntary experience in your gap year. We also welcome applications from those returning to the workplace or looking for a change in career. Candidates must demonstrate a strong interest in the voluntary sector.
Apply now (search 'intern' or 'internship' in the key words box).
Watch our videos to find out about the kind of projects interns are involved with, what they get out of it and what they go on to do after their internships.